giovedì 3 febbraio 2011

Peter Gabriel | Scratch My Back


Peter Gabriel sta per far uscire un album di cover di brani indie.


Avevamo già ascoltato Peter Gabriel in una cover degli Arcade Fire, "My Body Is a Cage", e da qualche giorno gira in rete anche la cover del brano di Bon Iver, "Flume". Le due tracce fanno parte di un progetto più ampio "Scratch My Back" che vedrà la luce il 15 febbraio. Di seguito le considerazioni di Gabriel sulla scelta del brano di Bon Iver (via The Quietus):
Bon Iver was introduced to me by my younger daughter, Melanie, who’s a big fan. When I first heard this track it immediately registered. I tried singing a couple of his songs, but this was the one that I could feel instinctively. The first arrangement that John did was all based around the brass, and although I loved what he had done, it felt too heavy and lacked contrast. Very late in the day I sat down at the piano and tried to find a really simple part for the verses, which then allows the brass entry to have more meaning. There were a couple of lines of lyrics that felt awkward at first, but the more time I spent with it the more natural it became. It is a beautiful song.
Vi riportiamo nell'attesa la tracklist:


01 “Heroes” (David Bowie)
02 “The Boy in the Bubble” (Paul Simon)
03 “Mirrorball” (Elbow)
04 “Flume” (Bon Iver)
05 “Listening Wind” (Talking Heads)
06 “The Power of the Heart” (Lou Reed)
07 “My Body Is a Cage” (Arcade Fire)
08 “The Book of Love” (The Magnetic Fields)
09 “I Think It’s Going to Rain Today” (Randy Newman)
10 “Après moi” (Regina Spektor)
11 “Philadelphia” (Neil Young)
12 “Street Spirit (Fade Out)” (Radiohead)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento