mercoledì 19 gennaio 2011

Domande Secche Per Risposte Succose | Julia Pott


Few days ago we've chatted with the lovely Julia Pott. Take a look.


1) Hi Julia, introduce yourself to our followers
Hello there! My name is Julia Pott and i'm a freelance illustrator and animator living in East London in the uk.

2) How would you describe the process that leads to the creation of your artwork?
It varies each time. Sometimes an idea will just hit me out of nowhere, it will take no time at all to create and it will be one of my best pieces of work. Sometimes it takes weeks to come up with an idea, I guess it depends whether or not my brain is working on all cylinders that month! Animation and illustration are also completely different mediums. Illustration can be the starting point for an animation which takes much more deliberation, rewriting, redesigning and deliberation.


3) What are your favorite brands of ink?
To draw with? I'm afraid i don't use ink but i am a little obsessed with poster paint sharpies at the moment, especially in fluorescent pastel orange.

4) Do you know know any Italian illustrator?
I'm afraid i wouldn't know if i did! I like so many illustrators but I am at a loss to know whereabouts in the world they live or work! I should try and be better at that!


5) Tell us some illustrators who have inspired you
I love Carson Ellis, Igor Kovalyov, Priit Parn, Luke Best, Ian Stevenson, Jon Klassen, Stuart Kolakovic, Jack Hudson to name but a few. There are so many illustrators who I admire.


6) We have finished, greets the followers in your preferred language and suggest us a song
Oh hi there! Nice to meet you!! A song, well my favourite song at the moment is Famine Affair by Of Montreal, so I shall suggest that one!




WEBSITE

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento